Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Destination Achievo

Si, mi espoñal es malo. Perro, apracticar ahora en Manzanillo.
That is right. The surf town and giant port, Manzanillo, located in the state of Colima, Leah and I have arrived. We made it. We made it, we made it. Done.
I have a defined line around my butt cheaks that clearly marks where my seat makes contact with my butt. It is highlighted in red, swollen rash of burning pain. It stings a little when I swim in the ocean.

Another serendipidous event, we stayed in a hotel the same night it rained for the first time and we arrived at our primary destination exactly a month after we crossed the boarder.

Manzanillo is cool, far less gringos, bigger than Puerto Vallarta, smaller than Mazatlan, and I heard a rumor that there is surfing here. I plan to check out the University for potential language classes.

Right now the Christians are celebrating the twelve days of the Virgin de Guadalupe with traditional dress and parades, music, street food. It is really cultural. I like all the shrines to the Virgin, like the one at the Pemex gas station.

I changed the colors of the blog to better reflect the Latin flavor. I hope you like it.

No comments: