Friday, December 7, 2007

Manzanillo Shmanzanillo

So we´re moving on tomorrow, heading inland to Colima. Manzanillo is a beautiful port-town with vibrant colors and friendly people...but it just isn´t quite what Jack and I were envisioning for a place to settle for a while. I got as far as looking at job lists and talking to people about renting an apartment but it didn´t feel quite right so we´ll be moving along again. The highlight of my day was finding a sweet little bike shop down the road from our hotel owned and run by Juan. He´s a maestro when it comes to bicycles so I felt very happy to leave my treasure in his hands for a little tune-up...and now she purs like a kitten. It´s amazing how much shit collects on your bike after 2 months of riding! But it´s also amazing that we haven´t had any major technical difficulties (knock on wood).
My greatest fear is the end of this trip because I´m not sure what the hell we´re going to do...and this fear is becoming more close to a reality since we´re running out of $$...but something has worked out for us before and I´m convinced that it will work out this time too. Biking rules! Anyone who hasn´t taken the time to do a trip should go for it!
Love to all of you!
Will write again soon

No comments: