Monday, December 24, 2007

¡feliz navidad!

Hey everybody,
so we´re not going to be having a white christmas this year, although that god-damn song has been stuck in my head for the past few days :) No, this year will be different...I´m excited to go to our friend Julio´s house for christmas to see how his family celebrates. When he invited us, I figured we´d go over in the evening for a couple of hours but he added that we should bring our sleeping bags and any dvds that we have...so it sounds like we´re in for our first Mexican slumber party! I wonder if Santa Claus is as fat and jolly in Mexico as he is in the states (he, he)

Jack and I celebrated last night with champagne and a whole kilo of shrimp! It was delicious...today and tommorrow there will be more festivities, which will hopefully distract me from being homesick during the holidays. It´s a comfort to think that we´ll be back stateside by the summer. I feel like I´m just starting to meet a few people here and settle in...I may even have a job interview this week, thanks to Julio! It´s at a restaurant downtown in the main plaza called la Plazacita (do you recognize that Rodrigo?) so hopefully I would make some good tips because it turns out minimum wage is more like 7 dollars a day instead of 8...ugh!
Anyway, that´s the news for the day. I hope you all have a wonderful christmas and new years celebration with lots of good food and good company!
Love to you all!

No comments: